CALS Council Senior Awards
Every Fall and Spring semester, CALS Council recognizes graduating seniors who have gone above and beyond while attending Iowa State. Through six different awards, the council would like to bring attention their hard work and dedication.
All College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Seniors graduating in December of 2020 will be eligible. You can be self-nominated or a nomination can be filled out by a peer, adviser, or ISU staff member.
The following awards will be considered this year:
• Outstanding Senior: recognizing a senior who ha shown exceptional effort in leadership, service and academia.
• Leadership Excellence: recognizing a senior who has shown outstanding leadership on campus.
• Academic Achievement: recognizing a senior with an outstanding academic record through grades, scholarships and honors received while at ISU.
• Distinguished Service: recognizing a senior who has dedicated their time to better their community through community service activities and organizations.
• Outstanding Ambassador of Agriculture and Life Sciences: recognizing a senior who has helped communicate agriculture and life sciences to their peers and connecting ISU, the college and communities.
• Commitment to Diversity: recognizing a student who has fostered an environment to encourage diversity with CALS and ISU.
Nominations for Spring 2020 have closed. The application will include a short essay describing the nominee’s adventure at Iowa State. Questions can be directed to Jessica Schmitt, chair, CALS Council awards committee.