CALS Council Senior Awards
Every Fall and Spring semester, CALS Council recognizes graduating seniors who have gone above and beyond while attending Iowa State. Through six different awards, the council would like to bring attention their hard work and dedication.
All College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Seniors graduating this semester will be eligible. Nominations have closed. You can be self-nominated or a nomination can be filled out by a peer, adviser, or ISU staff member.
The following awards will be considered this year:
• Outstanding Senior: recognizing a senior who has shown exceptional effort in leadership, service and academia.
• Leadership Excellence: recognizing a senior who has shown outstanding leadership on campus.
• Academic Achievement: recognizing a senior with an outstanding academic record through grades, scholarships and honors received while at ISU.
• Distinguished Service: recognizing a senior who has dedicated their time to better their community through community service activities and organizations.
• Outstanding Ambassador of Agriculture and Life Sciences: recognizing a senior who has helped communicate agriculture and life sciences to their peers and connecting ISU, the college and communities.
• Commitment to Diversity: recognizing a student who has fostered an environment to encourage diversity with CALS and ISU.
Nominations for spring 2023 graduates are open until April 3 at 11:59 pm.
Additionally, each fall the Council seeks nominations for the Milleman Family Mentorship Award. This award was established to recognize faculty members, academic advisers, teaching assistants, or club advisers who go above and beyond for their undergraduate students, both in the classroom and individually.
Nominations have closed.
The applications will include a short essay describing the nominee’s adventure at Iowa State. Questions can be directed to Alexandra (Alex) Hoffman,chair, CALS Council awards committee.